Eye for an Eye
Congregation: Short North
Series: Matthew - Retaliation
Speaker: Joe Byler
Scripture Text: Matthew 5:38-42
Download Open in New Tab
- Why do we inherently value justice? How can this be a good thing?
- How is the way you seek justice distorted? Do you seek justice more for yourself or for others?
- What sin causes this distortion?
- In what situations do you tend to seek petty vengeance for yourself?
- How is seeking petty vengeance contrary to the gospel?
- Why do we need to be delivered from seeking our own justice?
- How do these commands point to the truth that Jesus is enough?