Nothing but Jesus: Nick Nye’s Farewell Sermon
Congregation: Short North
Series: Special Sunday
Speaker: Nick Nye
Scripture Text: 1 Corinthians 2:1-5; 3:10-15
Download Open in New Tab
- What does it mean to “decide” or “resolve” to know nothing except Jesus Christ and him crucified?
- What are things that you are tempted to “be all about” as Nick said or to center your life around? What are good things that you are tempted to to be all about instead of being all about Jesus?
- What cultural norms are pressing in on you to shape your life in a way that is out of line with the gospel?
- What would it look like for you to resolve to know nothing but Jesus Christ and him crucified?
- What does it mean when Paul said that he was “in much weakness”?
- How does weakness demonstrate the power of the Spirit? How have you seen the power of the Spirit through weakness?
- What does it mean to build on the foundation which is Christ? What should we be building?
- Is there something that you are being convicted in? Something to stop centering your life around? A way you should build on the foundation that was laid?