We Are Rich Toward God
Congregation: Short North
Series: Grace Is Tangible
Speaker: Nick Nye
Scripture Text: 2 Corinthians 9:1-15
Download Open in New Tab
- What does it mean to be rich toward God?
- The riches of Christ are all a part of our identity now in Jesus. Does your generosity come from an understanding of these true riches we have access to and a desire to put those on display? What else motivates your generosity (or lack thereof)?
- Generosity is something that we should do from joy (2 Corinthians 9:7), but it also requires significant intentionality. What disciplines and devices do you have in your life that help to set you up for generosity?
- Pastor Nick said that we are all accountable to each other in our generosity (you are accountable to the church and the church is accountable to you). How are you held accountable in generosity by others in the church/Community Group? Are your finances and giving off-limits to others?
- Pastor Nick spent several minutes talking about Veritas’ budget and spending (Staffing, Ministry, Operations, Missions). While he was discussing it, were your thoughts and feelings more of mistrust in the church’s use of money or did it seem “generous” and “honorable” (2 Corinthians 8:20-21)? Why?
- The end of 2 Corinthians 9 shows Paul’s priority that giving of the Corinthian church would cause others to glorify God (2 Corinthians 9:13-15). How can our giving show God’s glory to our friends, coworkers, community, and, even, our own hearts?