All of ministry is a calling. For some, that is a calling to ministry in their vocation. For others, ministry is their vocation, if only for a season. From the Pastor to the newest of part-time employees, Veritas staff role is a ministry role and is shaped and envisioned to advance the ministry and mission of Veritas Community Church.
Youth and Student Ministry Director
for the Tri-City Congregation
Compensation: Based Upon Experience
Reports To: Tri-City Lead Pastor
Position Type/Hours: Full-Time/40 hours or Part-time/30 hours (depending on experience/availability)
This position serves the families and youth of the Tri-City congregation in two ways 1.) to lead our congregation’s ministry to disciple the youth (Middle School and High School) at Veritas Tri-City and reach the youth in our surrounding communities to know Jesus and follow Jesus. 2.) to oversee the ministry to Veritas families to equip parents and the overall church community to reach and disciple children.
- Under the oversight of the Elders, develop and direct the theological and missional philosophy for Veritas Tri-City Ministry to Children, Youth, and Families.
- Plan and coordinate the Sunday morning ministry to Middle School Students
- Train and oversee volunteers to teach and serve in the youth ministry classrooms and ministry events
- Plan and coordinate all the youth (Middle School/High School) gatherings and outreach efforts
- Recruit, train, develop and schedule all Veritas youth ministry volunteers and teachers with completed background checks.
- Oversee or prepare all needed curriculum to provide teaching, discipleship, and learning opportunities for classes, gatherings, and events.
- Ensure and sustain a safe and secure environment in every classroom and student gathering in accordance with Veritas policies and procedures.
- Communicate the value and vision of kid’s and student’s ministry to the entire church on a regular basis.
- Provide resources and trainings for parents and families to encourage gospel-centered discipleship in the home.
- Maintain an updated handbook and ministry plan for Veritas Youth.
- Oversee Veritas Kid’s and Student Ministry Directors, Deacons, and Volunteers to ensure a gospel centered ministry to reach and disciple children and youth.
- Proven ability to lead large teams of volunteers
- History of Theological convictions that are consistent with Veritas’ Statement of Belief
- Proven ability to connect with and disciple children and students
- Proven ability to support and equip parents to disciple their children
- Very strong organizational abilities and an eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and conflict resolution
- Previous experience with children’s safety policies/protocol desired
- Subject to reviewed theological survey
4772 Cemetery Rd
Hilliard, OH 43026
Comments are closed.