What is The Parable Project?
The Parable Project exists to enrich the lives of teenagers by partnering with parents and schools. We are a Gospel-driven, after-school program providing safe transportation, recreational opportunity, and educational accountability to students at Medina Middle School in North Linden. It is our aim to redeem a child’s free time after the school day from 3pm – 9pm. Our program will hopefully launch on March 3, 2020 and we will operate on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the remainder of this school year.
How can you help?
In order to make our launch date, there are a few pieces that need to fall into place. We are in the process of acquiring student referrals through the school administration. Meanwhile, we are recruiting volunteers. If you enjoy working with teens and have a passion for making disciples and being discipled, apply through our website at www.parableco.org. Our volunteer trainings will take place on Tuesday 2/25 and Thursday 2/27.
- 2 volunteers that can work with us from 2pm – 5pm and have a passion for coaching and/or outdoor activities
- 2 volunteers that are willing to help us with meal preparation and cleanup from 5pm – 7pm
- 4-6 volunteers that are willing to mentor/tutor students from 5pm – 9pm
- Sign up for our MealTrain! Tuesday and Thursday nights.
- Prepare food for up to 15 kids and 10 adults. We do not currently have any dietary restrictions to share at this point.
- Support us financially
- Through our website www.parableco.org, or by going to parableproject.givingfire.com.
If there are other ways you’d like to serve, email Jason at email@example.com.
Comments are closed.