Phase 3: Worship Gatherings – Gathering Safely
Veritas is in phase three of re-entry with our Sunday worship gatherings! This means you can either participate online by livestream or by attending in-person. We are confident that with your cooperation, we can gather safely by following the guidelines from health authorities. See below for details.
Since all of our three congregations will host their own worship gatherings starting June 28th, we will host separate livestreams for each congregation.
We are grateful for the ways we can stay in touch and be together in whatever capacity you are able to join us!
To attend in-person you must register in advance. Here are some things you may want to know now about in-person gatherings:
- Households or friend groups can register and sit together. We will accommodate a group of up to ten people if they agree to sit together; but they must have one person register on behalf of that group of people.
- We will not serve food or coffee. The water fountains will not be available for use, so please bring any drinks you may need for you and your kids.
- We will not be offering classes for the children during this phase. We encourage you to bring your own coloring books, crayons, or markers as your children will be expected to stay in their seating group’s designated area and may not roam through any space of the building.
- All those who attend in person will be required to wear a mask. If you forget to bring one, we will provide a disposable one for you.
- We are requiring that everyone wear a mask for the entire time they are. in the building.
- Please wear your mask in a manner that would cover both your nose and mouth.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining six feet of distance between yourself and anyone not in your own seating group.
- Only one person (or a parent with their children) will be permitted to enter the restroom at a time.
- We will celebrate communion using prepackaged cups that will be at your seats in your designated area. Follow instructions at the gathering for a gluten free option.
- Congregating inside the building will not be permitted, including before and after the gathering. You are encouraged to congregate outdoors before and after the gathering for socializing. We want to limit our time indoors so we can decrease the risk of transmission.
We know that some of you would not normally follow these safety standards in other contexts. But we ask that you would do so with your church family for the sake of others with greater health risks or whose conscience leads them to be more cautious. Driven by the sacrificial love of the gospel, put others’ needs in front of your own.
Do not come to the worship gathering if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea. Symptoms may be mild or severe and may appear two to 14 days after exposure to the virus.