A Call to Repentance
- John the Baptist called for repentance. What does it mean to truly repent?
- What must we repent from?
- How is the call to repent offensive? How are you offended by being told to repent? Why are we so offended?
- What comfort do those who repent have? What confidence are we given when we repent and confess our sins?
- John gives a reason for repenting. He says “… for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Why does the nearness of the kingdom of heaven make repentance imperative?
- Ref 2 Cor 7:9-10: What does it mean to have Godly grief over our sin? How is this different from worldly grief? What does it mean to have repentance without regret?