Awaken Our Servant
- Compare the way the LORD calls His people to look back on what He has done (vv. 51:1-8) to the way the people look back on how they were brought out of Egypt. (vv. 51:9-11)
- How do you see yourself looking back like Israel? Is your remembering full of doubt for the present and/or future?
- What would it mean to remember God’s working the way the LORD calls us to? (vv. 51:1-8) full of faith and trust.
- Are there things you are wrongly expecting God to do that, when they don’t happen, make you doubt that God is working at all?
- What fears are you letting be more decisive in your life than the LORD?
- What does it mean to be joint heirs with Christ? How should the reality that we are joint heirs effect our attitude toward trouble in life?
- What are some signs that we have forgotten that we are joint heirs with Christ?