Easter 2016: Resurrection Joy
- For many, the meaning of the word “joy” has been reduced to simply being happy or content. Why is this definition insufficient (and even misleading)? How would you define joy? Why is joy hard to fake?
- When you come before God, how do you experience His presence? Do you believe that He is a joyful God? How does Scripture describe Him?
- As beings made in His image, we are designed to be joyful. Would you describe yourself as a joyful person? If so, what gives you joy? If not, why not?
- How can we, like the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8, find joy in the cross? What is there to be joyful about?
- What about the resurrection? What does it mean for us, and how is the empty tomb an invitation for much joy? (For us, for our city, for the world?)
- When was the last time that you accepted this invitation of the resurrection to experience simple joy? Spend some time in prayer that you and others may rest and experience the freedom of true joy in the resurrection.