Friendship & Community
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
- Why is it so tempting for people to isolate themselves from others? When have you struggled the most to live as a part of a community? Why is it better to choose to live in community?
- Sin causes division between individuals, communities, and nations. What hope do we have to see the body of Christ united in community despite the pervasive nature of sin? How are Jesus and his works (the gospel) the answer to broken community?
- Practically, what does it look like for us to live into the promise of a restored community in Christ? How does God’s grace inform what it looks like to live in this restored community?
- How can your Community Group live as a reflection of Christ to one another and to your neighborhood? Do you pray that the Lord would add to your number daily for the purpose of His glory? And not just simply add to your numbers, but bring people who are different than you?
- Reflect as a group or individually: What do you think about this vision for community? How is it different than how you normally view community? Are you willing to embrace the often ordinary fruit of community for the sake of the extraordinary and powerful (and sometimes unseen) work of God in and through that community?