Love Your Enemies
Congregation: Short North
Series: Matthew - Love Your Enemies
Speaker: Joe Byler
Scripture Text: Matthew 5:43-48
- When you think of showing love to your neighbor, what comes to mind? When was the last time you actually did one of those things?
- Joe mentioned the parable of the good Samaritan. Recalling that story, who does Jesus say that our neighbor is?
- Who in your life do you find hardest to love?
- What are some of the typical driving factors of why we love people? … What does our love for others look like and what’s the motivation, whether good or bad?
- Why should Christian love look different than the world’s? … What does grance inspired love look like?
- How can we intentionally love our enemies? .. Like practically, what does that look like? … What would this show to the watching world around us?
- I don’t know about you, but rarely can I muster up this kind of selfless, sacrificial love on my own. What does it look like to rely on the Holy Spirit’s power and guidance in us in regards to loving others and our enemies?
Comments are closed.