Proverbs and Parenting
Speaker: Dan Harless
Scripture Text: Proverbs 3:11-12, 13:24, 29:17
- How do you view the purpose of the Proverbs? What specifically keeps you from heeding the wisdom contained in the Proverbs?
- What is your starting point when you think about parenting and training children? What drives your parenting philosophy and practices? According to Proverbs, why do children need training?
- Why must the basis of training children be loving them with the same love God our Father has extended to us?
- What is God’s desired outcome for our parenting of our children?
- Why is teaching the basis of gospel-based parenting? What, specifically, are parents called to teach their children? How are we to go about teaching our children?
- What is the purpose and goal of warning children? How often should we warn our children? What should a warning contain? What are the dangers for parents in warning?
- What is the purpose and goal of correction in parenting? How often should correction be used? What must be a parent’s heart in correction?
- What is the difference between reproof and chastisement? When should each be used? How have you seen each kind of correction used effectively in your life? What dangers must we as parents be aware of when it comes to implementing reproof and chastisement?
Comments are closed.