The Heart of Generosity
- There are four core motivations behind most of our spending: Control (security), Comfort (freedom), Power (status), Approval (love). How are these motivations revealed in your spending/use of your resources? What does your spending reveal about your heart?
- What is your picture of the ‘good life’? How does it contrast with God’s vision for His people?
- How does viewing our possessions as stewards rather than owners change our outlook towards generosity?
- We are always investing in something. How are you investing what God has given you? (Time, money, talents)
- How does the question “How much do I have to give?” differ from “How can I give more?”
- How have you seen God transforming your heart to find your comfort, approval, status etc in Him? How has that changed your view of generosity?