When God Seems Absent and Everything Is Against You
- Esther is in the middle of a terrible circumstance. What hardship in her story stands out the most to you. What would you find hardest to deal with if you were her?
- We are given great detail about King Ahasuerus’ wealth and power but, as pastor Joe pointed out, God is not mentioned once in Esther. What is communicated by this?
- On the surface it seems like God is absent from this story. By taking a closer look, where can you see God in this story? Can you see Jesus?
- When have you felt like God is absent? What lies are you tempted to believe when God seems absent? How can we fight those temptations?
- What are things to remember so that we we can be confident that God is always with us and in control?
- Are there any ways that you see God’s working, through times where he seems hidden, as good and even beautiful?